"We are Class 4! We work really hard and like to have fun."
Welcome to Class 4's page!
- Our teacher is Mrs Corp
- Mrs Platts teaches us on Friday
- We have Mrs Wood to help on a Thursday.
Mrs Corp's Profile
"Hi there, I joined Barkisland Primary in January 2014 and I feel such a valued member of our fantastic team! Barkisland is such a warm, friendly and happy place to work with fantastic pupils who just love to learn. I am the school's Inclusion Manager and teach in Year 4. Before coming to Barkisland I worked at a school in Kirklees where I spent time in many different year groups including; Year 5/6 mixed, Year 6 and Year 4. I was also the middle manager for ICT at the school for over 3 years. I really enjoy teaching Maths and Topic, History is one of my favourite subjects. Outside of school my favourite hobbies are walking my sausage dogs Archie & George (picture below!) camping and baking."
In Class 4 we love learning new and exciting things.
- Homework needs to be back in school on a Wednesday please (this year homework will be given in Literacy & Numeracy homework folders)
- Homework is handed out on a Thursday (1 piece of Literacy/Topic & 1 piece of Numeracy at a level suitable for your child, only spend around 20 minutes on each piece of homework, it's meant as a consolidation on a topic)
- Indoor PE Kits are needed in school on a Friday for this half-term for Dance with Bodyrockers
- Swimming Kits are needed on a Thursday, unless your child has a doctors note
- Spelling books are needed for Friday's!
Did you know?
- Class 4 has 28 pupils
- Our favourite class subject is Numeracy (We love numbers!)
- We love reading stories, we have just started our first novel for the year - The Borrowers, we are fascinated by the tiny people!
- We go swimming every Thursday with Mrs Corp and we can't wait to get started
- This year we are taking part in the Schools Linking Network project, our link school is Christchurch in Sowerby Bridge
CLASS 4 KIDS ZONE
Have a go at these fun games to help with your learning!
CLICK HERE TO PLAY HIT THE BUTTON :-) QUICK-FIRE MATHS QUESTIONS!
Click here to play Fraction Splat to practice adding fractions together (Levels 1a and 2a)
Click here to practise your times tables with the fun Bubble Multiples Game which we have recently used in Numeracy . . .
Click on the document below to practise the time games we've been usign in class!
The Year 4 Curriculum
Have a look at our Curriculum Overviews below to find out what we learn all about in Class 4!
Also have a look at our Maths Overview for this half-term, we teach Maths through a topic approach to learning.
There is no content in this group.